CG Lead / Los Angeles & New York
Scholar is looking for a CG Lead to add to our team for short and long term projects. The role would be remote / hybrid, based in Los Angeles or New York. Our diverse team is drawn together by a love for design and an eagerness to push boundaries. If that sounds like you then keep reading.
- Supervise a team of modelers, animators, lighters and compositors from start to finish on in-house CG projects
- Give creative and technical feedback to your team
- Work with production to bid work before it comes to the studio
- Work with Creative Directors and Art Directors to push the creative and pipeline on CG projects
- Help staff projects with freelance talent when necessary
- Guide clients through the creative process
- Execute a broad range of 3D styles from photo-real VFX to illustrative character work
- Provide on-set supervision for live action VFX jobs
Job Requirements / Qualifications
- Expert knowledge of Autodesk Maya and/or Houdini
- Advanced knowledge of a major production rendering software, VRay/ Redshift preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Nuke, Cinema4d, Substance, ZBrush
- Ability to lead a team and interface with clients
Please submit a current resume, reel and a brief paragraph explaining your interest, and why you think you may be a good fit. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.