Timberland 'Legends Club'
As we dove headfirst into tackling the art and storytelling within these films for Timberlands Legends Club, we knew we were creating something that was as much lifestyle as it was product. It is a snapshot of history. Stories that shed light on one of the greatest lyrical geniuses of our generation. We all of sudden had to channel the feeling of Nas’ life, his journey, his stories in an engaging set of animated films.
We set out to create a gritty, textural narrative with a comic aesthetic that is familiar to the world of hip-hop, but also new and fresh at the same time. The campaign’s foundation became the stylized imagery we created, full of pops of color and cel-animated, liquid transitions. We’re still pinching ourselves even after the dust has settled and these spots have flown into the world.
Never stop scrolling and check out the 3 other films below.
- Production Company: Scholar
- Creative Directors: Will Johnson, William Campbell, Chace Hartman
- Executive Producer: Christina Roldan
- Art Directors: Cristina Barna, Macauley Johnson
- Senior Producers: Kirsten Noll, Sue Yee Hubbard
- Storyboards: Christopher Wolfgang Mauch
- Designers: Cam Floyd, Christina Liang, Jina Kwon, Cristina Barna, Hana Eunjin Yean, Macauley Johnson, Trish Janovic
- Lead Cel Animators: Laura Yilmaz, Harry Teitelman
- Cel Animators: Taik Lee, Ana Chang, Matt Everton, Will Pittas
- Additional Cel Animators: Chris Mauch, Trish Janovic, Stephanie Simpson, Sam Kim, Aly Tain
- 2D Animators: Aaron Kemnitzer, Ana Chang, Lauren Tom, Henry Pak, Pablo Robleto
- Additional Animation: Alison Alvarez Avila
- 3D Animators: Aaron Kemnitzer, Arsen Arzumanyan
- Compositors: Aaron Kemnitzer, Henry Pak, Lauren Tom, Pablo Robleto
- Previz Artist: Arsen Arzumanyan
- Client: Timberland
- Agency: Pereira & O'Dell
"Sometimes it takes a good fall
to know where you stand."
"Before you become what you'll be, you must start as who you are.”